Okanogan Chamber of Commerce
Position Title: Community Development Coordinator (CDC)
FLSA: Hourly (Full-Time)
Immediate Supervisor: Chamber Supervisory Committee, appointed by the Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors
SUBMIT RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO:
email@example.com or hand deliver to Reinbold & Gardner, PLLC
The mission of the Community Development Coordinator is to promote the development of downtown Okanogan through business, recreation, and tourism.
Under the general supervision of the Okanogan Chamber of Commerce, the Community Development Coordinator is responsible for the supervision, planning, development, and evaluation of community recreation and tourism programs/events occurring at various community locales. The Community Development Coordinator will perform tasks, including planning and facilitating a variety of community events for youth and adults; recruiting, training and supervising volunteers and interns as needed to support local activities and events; and other related duties as required.This position also requires responsibility for analyzing community needs, selecting and adapting programs to meet those needs, procuring the materials and resources necessary for implementing programs, and making the most effective use of the Chamber’s resources. This is a highly responsible position, working with the Chamber members and the general public and requires someone who is self-motivated and can work on your own initiative.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organize, execute, and improve events hosted by the Okanogan Chamber of Commerce, with focus on increased attendance both locally and from outside a 50-mile radius from Okanogan.
- Evaluate events and present information relating to general attendance, residence of attendants, budgets, community involvement and volunteer management, and potential improvements for next year.
- Recruit, train and support volunteers
- Increase revenues to the Okanogan Chamber of Commerce from existing sources, engage with grant sources, obtain sponsorships, and organize and develop fundraisers.
- Build membership in the Okanogan Chamber of Commerce, maintain retention rates by engaging with all members and ensuring the Chamber is effectively serving its constituency.
- Market community, sporting and special events via email list, social media sites, Chamber of Commerce website, seasonal activity brochure, radio and print media.
- Promote local lodging to increase hotel/motel funds.
- Represent the Okanogan Chamber of Commerce under the direction of the Board of Directors at various community meetings such as the Okanogan Tourism Council.
- Effectively organize information and tasks and report back to the supervisory committee.
- Work closely and communicate effectively with Chamber of Commerce Board and Members, city government, business owners, local schools, local organizations, and community members.
- Perform other duties as directed by the Board of Directors of the Okanogan Chamber of Commerce.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
The Chamber Development Coordinator position requires knowledge of: outcome-based planning; standard budgeting; word processing and spreadsheets; social media accounts and websites; marketing via multi-media avenues, some graphic design; principles of business letter writing and written communication; pertinent Federal, State and local laws, codes and regulations.
The Community Development Coordinator must be able to outreach to new patrons, sponsors, and volunteers as well as recognize and manage conflict with a focus on positive community and organization building;
- Valid Washington Driver’s License and automotive insurance;
- Current food handler’s permit or ability to obtain within 30 days of hire
- Current M.A.S.T. alcohol servers permit or ability to obtain within 30 days of hire
- Pass a criminal background check
- Over 21 years of age
- Ability to work evenings and weekends
- Ability to work outdoors in challenging weather conditions
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, recreation or some related field;
- One-year experience with community programming;
- Three-years’ experience with event planning;
- Experience with community fundraising;
- Successful grant writing experience